We are looking for an Android Developer to help us build awesome Android apps. The Android developer for the Mobile Team will report to the Mobile Development Manager for Android Team. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be responsible for our native Android mobile app
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UI designers, and other technical development resources
- Turn design ideas into features implementation that scale to millions of users by working closely with other mobile and backend engineers
- Develop unit and integration tests to ensure code quality and test coverage
- Ability to work independently solving technical problems
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- You have at least 1 years of experience in developing native mobile applications with Java and/or Kotlin working within a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK – app lifecycle, UI using XML layouts and data management
- You’re familiar with mobile product and design lifecycle, and collaborating closely with designers and product managers
- You’re comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- Experience integrating backend REST API’s.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles
- RESTful APIs
- Third Party Library Integration